Lyric Dubee is an AWARD WINNING, multi-genre artist born and raised near Toronto, Canada. Proficient and at ease playing ROCK, POP, BLUES, CLASSICAL and JAZZ, his deep appreciation and experimentation with all the genres led Lyric to personalize his own style of music known as REVOLUTION ROCK. A singer, songwriter, and guitarist he performs his own works as a solo artist and fronts his own band.
Lyric Dubee released 4 albums by age 18 which debuted on the rock and AC music charts. He toured internationally (Japan, China) and has been signed to a world-wide, multi-album deal with Mascot Label Group (Provogue). Lyric is endorsed by Ernie Ball MusicMan Guitars, DV Mark Amps, Guitar Center and is part of the Brotherhood of the Guitar. He has opened for legendary names such as Buddy Guy, Rik Emmett and the GoGo’s Farewell Tour with Kaya Stewart.
Another NEW album to be released in 2017!
“Lyric Dubee is a natural born star, he plays guitar like his life depended on it and sings his own songs with the sincerity needed to cut through a lot of today’s manufactured music”. DAVE STEWART (Eurythmics)
About the 4 albums
• Lyric wrote all the songs for his first album, ‘Broken Dreams’ which he released when he was just 12 years old
• WON 2011 Best Young Songwriter Award at the Barrie New Music Festival 2011 and was approached by Rogers TV to use his album as the soundtrack for a show they were launching “New Slang”
• Lyric released his 2nd album at age 14 to rave reviews and international sales
• The CD release for his 2nd album “Alive” was a sold out event with 350 people
• WON 2014 Best Music Video for “Alive” at York Region Film Festival
“Like his Debut album this new CD (ALIVE) is another gem that must be heard! Each track is a masterpiece that truly demonstrates just how talented young Lyric is in his writing and arrangement skills. In addition to this, Lyric’s vocals are now more mature as his vocals have dropped dramatically.” ROD JOHNSON, RIVENMASTER.COM
• Lyric started recording his 3rd album in February 2014 and recorded all 10 songs between Nashville and Toronto. The album was released on Sept 19 2015 along with his 4th album Combat of Love
• WON 2015 Best Young Songwriter at the Toronto Independent Music Award for “Bridge to Nowhere” AND “Black Ice”
• WON 2014 Most Promising Youth Award at Barrie Arts Awards
• WON 2015 PlaYr Award for “Black Ice” best Music Video at PLaYr York Region Film Festival
• Song Feature for “Black Ice” featured on Discover Hit Music
• 2014 Semi-Finalist for “Bridge to Nowhere” at International Songwriting Competition (ISC)
• WON “Honorable Mention” with the song “They Say” in the “Teen” category in the 2014 Unsigned Only Music Competition
2014 Black Ice Single Review “Lyric continues to outdo himself with each and every song. He is a lot like Eric Clapton, you never know what is coming, but when it gets there it blows you away… He is going to become a legend.” TOMMY NEAL – STARS2COME.COM
COMBAT OF LOVE
• At 17 Lyric released his 4th album! He wrote and recorded the album in LA where he began working with Grammy Award Winning Producer Warren Huart (Aerosmith, The Fray, James Blunt)
• 2015 Semi-finalist Unsigned Only Music Competition for “Linger”
• ”Linger” from his 4th album debuted at #7 on the DRT (Digital Radio Tracker) National Airplay top 50 ROCK Charts on Oct 17/15
• “Linger” also debuted at #21 on the National Airplay Top 80 Independent Artists Charts
• “Combat of Love” debuted at #11 on the US Top 20.FM Count Down in Hollywood California “The World’s NB1 Weekly Top 20 Countdown Show | Broadcast On Over 500 Stations”
• “Why”, “Linger” and “Combat of Love” are being spun on radio stations around the world
Combat of Love Album review: “I like this “Combat Of Love!” … It has some damned good guitar work + lyrics set to what I would call a semi – rock beat! … Pleasing to the ear & containing just enough emotion to keep you coming back for another listen! … Can’t wait to hear some more of this guys work!” COUNT, MUSIC DIRECTOR AT WAYOUTRADIO.CO.UK
Lyric is now managed by legendary Rock Photographer Robert Knight.